Utah Tech University

AmeriCorps Education Awards Program

AmeriCorps Program

Allows thousands of people in the U.S. the opportunity to serve their community and earn an education award. The eligible programs for service are Education, Dental Hygiene, Respiratory Therapy, Medical Radiography, and Nursing. Upon successful completion of a term of service, members are eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award. 300 hour terms of service with a value of $1,374 (as of 2022-2023). Students can do up to 4 terms of service through their eligible program.

Utah Higher Education AmeriCorps Network (UHEAN)

UHEAN Website

Student Eligibility Requirements

  • Accepted into a qualified program
  • Be a US Citizen, US  National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
  • Complete a Criminal Background Check
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Have a High School Diploma or GED

Qualified Programs Include:

  • Dental Hygiene
  • Nursing
  • Radiography
  • Respiratory Therapy
  • Education
  • America Reads

Enrollment Steps


Begin your Application in IPT

IPT Application

Meet with Campus Coordinator

To schedule an appointment (zoom or in person) call or email Amberlee Fullmer, Utah Tech AmeriCorps Campus Coordinator, at americorps@utahtech.edu or 435-652-7582, to get your position description and AmeriCorps pin to wear during your service hours.  At appointment bring current state issued ID.


Complete Background Check

As part of your background check you will need to complete fingerprinting at Your Unique Prints (YUP).

Schedule your YUP Appointment

After Scheduling your YUP Appointment, fill out this UHEAN Form

Member Fingerprint Google Form

Register for and Attend Online Orientation

Register for an Orientation, after completing the above steps. Once you are signed up you will receive your zoom link via email.

Orientation Calendar

Wait for UHEAN Welcome Email

Once all of the steps above are complete, you will receive a welcome email from UHEAN (Utah Higher Education AmeriCorps Network) to start your term of service.

Additional Information for Current AmeriCorps Members

Exit Information

Upon completion of your term of service, ensure all your forms in IPT have been signed by you, site supervisor, and Campus Coordinator. You must be completely exited from your term of service before you can request your Educational Award.

End of Term Survey Form

Monthly Forms

As part of your term of service you will need to complete two forms monthly. For a tutorial on how to complete these forms please see the link below.

Monthly Forms Tutorial

Re-Enrollment Information

For current members wanting to re-enroll in another term of service, first make sure you are completely exited and have received exit confirmation email prior to re-enrolling in another term.

Re-Enrollment Link

Volunteer Mobilization Project

For each 300 hour term of service each member is required to complete a Volunteer Mobilization Project. See more information below.

More Information

Requesting your AmeriCorps Award

After completely exiting and receiving your exit confirmation email from AmeriCorps, you can request your Educational Award at my.americorps.gov.

What can your Educational Award be used towards one of the following:

  • TUITION PAYMENT – If you would like your Educational Award paid directly towards your tuition, or to refund any amount already paid by student or financial aid, make sure you request an Educational Expense. You have up to 7 years to request these funds, however, you must be enrolled at a Title IV institution (an institution that is eligible for Federal Financial Aid) to be eligible for payment. You cannot request an educational award if you are no longer enrolled an any institution.
  • DIRECT LOAN PAYMENT – If you have taken out a loan for school, you can request your funds to be paid directly towards your loan balance. To request a direct loan payment, you must have your lender information, which you can find online at nslds.ed.gov. This payment must go directly to your lender, not your university.


Amberlee Fullmer

AmeriCorps Campus Coordinator

Email: americorps@utahtech.edu

Phone: 435-652-7582

Office: Financial Aid and Scholarship Office - Holland 1st Floor